Acrobat Reader 9+ crashes seconds after opening a PDF in Ubuntu

For some strange reason, Acrobat 9 + seems to crash seconds after opening a PDF document in Ubuntu Jaunty. Doubtless other Linux users may experience this in their different distros. It happens both as a standalone PDF and in the Firefox plug in. There does not seem to be a workaround or fix for the moment. My solution was to uninstall Acrobat reader 9 and install Acrobat Reader 8. That works fine. I'll put AR9 back on when Adobe sorts out the problem


3 comments:

Who Cares? said...

Hi, please try using Adobe Reader 9.1.2 for Unix?
ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/reader/unix/9.x/9.1.2/enu/

Thanks!
- Varun

Who Cares? said...

Also, if you face any other issues, please raise them at:
http://forums.adobe.com/community/adobe_reader_forums/adobe_reader_unix

mrbinitie said...

Indeed 9.1.2 seems to work well. I must add that I did a reinstall of Jaunty/Ubuntu-Studio before I installed Acrobat 9,1,2

My Instagram