Flash Player not responding to mouse clicks in Ubuntu 9.1 64-bit

After installing Flash player on Ubuntu Karmic 64, I was a bit disconcerted to find that all the Flash video players I tested did not respond to ant mouse clicks. Google-time. this particular solution worked for me.

First you need to open and edit this file: /usr/lib/nspluginwrapper/i386/linux/npviewer . You can do it from terminal by typing:

gksudo gedit /usr/lib/nspluginwrapper/i386/linux/npviewer

Add the following line before the last line of text

export GDK_NATIVE_WINDOWS=1

Save and close the file. You will have to clear these changes when you next upgrade your system. I hope this works for you :)

1 comments:

Allan Tokuda said...

This worked for me! Thank you!

After upgrading to Karmic I had the same situation, and additionally flash player's audio was not working. After editing the file I restarted Firefox (3.5.5) and both problems were fixed.

My Instagram