Pages

Archway Deep Blues

London can do this to a person.
9ish this morning I was on the Northern Line reading, well trying to understand the Chain of Responsibility when, I heard the train alarm beeping. "Bugger", I thought, "What now?", +30 mins added to the trip."We have a problem and will be stopping for a few minutes at the next station", said the train driver on the P.A. system. We pulled into Archway Underground station and stopped. Strangely enough the drama was happening a few meters from me on the train. Somebody who I could not see through the sea of legs was sitting, or more like sprawled on the floor crying. I resisted the impulse to stand up and peep, besides there were enough people asking what the problem was. "I'M STRESSED", was the cry for help I heard between sobs, "TOTALLY STRESSED OUT". The accent was not English, and sounded a bit African though not one I could identify. Yes I thought, London can do that to you. The train driver and assistants helped the poor person of the train and the daily routine of cosmopolitan London continued.

aYo Binitie II

No comments:

Instagram